The National Autistic Society (NAS) provide social groups for young people in the Glasgow area and requested our training session “Sex, Consent and the Law” to support their staff to navigate the complexities of sexuality in their groups. The learning outcomes included:
• Learn about some of the basics of sexuality and autism.
• Understand more about sex, consent and the law.
• Understand the risks of sexual exploitation.
• Understand and support LGBTQ+ identities.
• Consider our role in the support of a safe, fulfilling sex life.
This training led to more input with volunteers, as well as
close working with the members of the social group to help them
understand the difference between gender and sexuality.
If you are interested in learning more about our “Sex, Consent and the Law” training or any other bespoke input, please email email@example.com